to get started around Turku?

Aloittaja donydarko, syyskuu 19, 2012, 23:54:34

« edellinen - seuraava »

0 Jäsenet ja 1 Vieras katselee tätä aihetta.

donydarko

hi everybody,

A year or two i meet a guy in france that was flying a ultra light plane. Since then, it has always been bothering me, how it would be so nice to get started somehow... I am not sure if this forum is the right place to ask this kind of info, cause my finnish sucks, and i can only understand that this website is about flying ultra light planes.

But anyway, so i live in turku and i would be really happy to find a contact where i could get to be introduce to that hobby. Maybe somekind of course where you get to sit next to someone who can give you a ride? and info about the stepsof how to get to fly on your own, and maybe some kind of introduction of what types of ultra light planes or glidders you can find in finland, basicaly anything about everything... ;D

thanks very much.

jere

Armin Züger

Hi Jere,
welcome to the forum.
A quick glance at activities in the area around Turku:  there is ultralight-activities in the following places

You can find a list of ultralight clubs in Finland here, though the contact information may be somewhat outdated.
I would recommend to get in touch with one of the clubs and arrange a visit. Then you can have a look at different planes and ask all kind of questions, including training etc. etc.
// Armin

pimattil

There is some ultralight activity in Turku as well. For example Saariston Ilmailukerho has kept one of their planes there as well there are few privately owned planes around. Turun lentokerho is biggest flying club in Turku area, but it doesn't have any ultralight planes.
- Pirkka -

donydarko

he, thanks you guys!

i found on the Turun lentokerho website that they organize essittely kurssi, so i think i ll go for it. It has summary course about taking courses , maybe some basic flying theory, and one round in an ultra, for an 150e... it seems pretty fair to me.

maybe if there is better options you can let me know, otherwise that is for me the best choose i think.

thanks again

jere

pimattil

Lainaus käyttäjältä: donydarko - syyskuu 21, 2012, 21:20:16Turun lentokerho website that they organize essittely kurssi, so i think i ll go for it. It has summary course about taking courses , maybe some basic flying theory, and one round in an ultra, for an 150e... it seems pretty fair to me.

It's with the glider or touring motor glider, not with ultralight as club doesn't have any. Anyway the either one is good step in the world of aviation. However as this late fall the touring motor glider is maybe only option and gliding will continue next spring.

PS. Gliding happens in Oripää while motored flying activities are mainly based in Turku.
- Pirkka -